Deep South has always been on the forefront in using Cheer and Dance as part of an educational plan to help our athletes grow their potential as young adults and future professionals. For this reason, we have decided to offer a $1000.00 Scholarship Essay Contest Series to award the great young leaders and thinkers in our amazing sports! Entering is easy! Just fill out the form below to enter the contest!
This contest will focus on what you would do to make All Star Cheer or Dance better for the kids. In 500 - 1000 words, we want you to share your ideas on how to improve the current All Star Cheer or Dance world. Deep South knows that we have some great minds involved in all star cheer and dance and we think that your opinion matters! Our team also knows that you have great ideas that need to be shared with the all star community. You can choose to focus on cheer or dance or both!
The winning submission/submissions will be shared with the world through Deep South and Cheer Media, and some winning essays could even have the opportunity to be published in Cheer Magazine! Do not forget the $1000.00 in College Scholarship money that will be awarded. Get your essays in quick for our team of readers to judge!
Rules and Guidelines
- Participants must be Junior through Senior age as designated by the USASF Age Divisions.
- Participants must be current All Star members.
- Essays should be 500-1000 words in length.
- Essays must be submitted no later than 11:59 pm Central Time, February 16, 2016.
- Winners will be notified no later than April 8, 2016.
- All essays must be the original work of the athlete whose name is listed on the submission form. Plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- Decisions of the judges are final.